Shaving is a necessity, not a choice, for most women. But you can encounter all sorts of skin problems from shaving. Perhaps you get nicks and cuts from shaving. Or the foaming shaving cream you use dries your skin out instead of moisturizing it. In order to have a close, smooth, and effective shave we recommend using eos shave cream.
eos Ultra Moisturizing Shave Cream is an ultra-hydrating shaving cream that can be used on wet or dry skin.
You won't get any foaming action from this cream, but its lotion-like consistency leaves skin feeling soft and hydrated, unlike a drying shaving foam.
About eos Shave Cream:
eos Shave Cream is made by the popular brand eos - Evolution of Smooth - the same brand that makes the cult lip balm spheres that can be found at drugstores and online everywhere.
The shaving cream comes in three scents: Vanilla Bliss, Pomegranate Raspberry, and Lavender Jasmine. The cream comes in a 7 fluid ounce bottle and costs about $7.50 on Amazon. It can be used wet or dry, which is great for those last minute outfit changes that require a quick shave. The product pumps out the product like a lotion, and a good three pumps provide enough product for one leg.
The shaving cream is phthalate-free and gluten-free. It's formulated with natural shea butter, green tea, grape seed, aloe and oat extracts, and vitamins B3, C, and E.
These ingredients soothe and moisturize the skin. In addition to preventing nicks, cuts and razor bumps, eos Shaving Cream also works to brighten and even out skin tone and even provides 24 hours of hydration.
Things We Love:
- The scent. We reviewed the Lavender Jasmine shaving cream, which smells so pretty. It's very fragrant, but it has a pure, natural scent. It doesn't have a chemically overpowering scent.
- The moisture. You know how your skin feels like it's been sucked dry after you use a shaving foam? This shaving cream gives your skin the complete opposite feeling. Cocoglyceride, derived from coconut oil, glycerin, and oatmeal, which are all moisturizing agents, appear early in the ingredients list. We would still recommend applying a moisturizer afterward.
- The formula. How many times have you wanted to wear a cute skirt, but didn't have time to hop in the shower for a quick shave? This cream's ability to be used wet or dry is such a great bonus. It definitely saves you the big hassle of having to get into the shower if you decide to shave on the fly.
- The price. Though the price is not the lowest on the market, the formula and hydrating benefits all in one product make it a great way to pamper your skin while shaving. Since for some people, this product is moisturizing enough not to have to use a separate moisturizing cream after the shower, the price is definitely worth it. For many, it can be a 2 in 1 product.
Things We're not Crazy About:
- We don't think this qualifies as something we don't like about the product, but the consistency of it is so unlike anything we've ever used that it took a little while for it to grow on us. Using it dry was a bit scary, but it worked well, thankfully.
You'll reach for this shaving cream instead of your trusty can of Skintimate because of the scent and how good it makes your skin feel.
eos Shaving Cream smells great, and it's a product we recommend trying. It's a product that really gives you your dollar's worth since it helps you get a close and bump free shave while deeply moisturizing your skin. Plus you can't beat the fact that it can be used on wet or dry skin.
Disclosure: Review samples were provided by the manufacturer. For more information, please see our Ethics Policy.